Let the quest begin!

The purpose of this blog isn't simply to post a list of negative threads. It's more an effort in highlighting the very best places to eat, drink and be merry. All experiences are my own, or with my family. There is no connection between myself or any of the establishments other than as a paying punter. If you take exception to any post, please feel free to offer your own comments. This is meant to be a fair an honest opinion of where we've eaten.

Saturday 17 July 2010

Broom Mill Farm Shop




REAL CHIPS
My wife and I visited Broom Mill Farm Shop near West Auckland, County Durham. We popped in to pick up vegetables for the week and were tempted by the Shepherds Pie and home made chips on the tea room's menu. Always the sceptic, I agreed to give it a try, secretly ready to find fault, but there was none to find. These were genuine home made chips, perfectly cooked, not to mushy firm with good texture. The Shepherds Pie was good too, not sure if it saw a microwave on the way to our table, (and the there was some strange liquid mascarrading as gravy) but still well made with good meat. I believe this stop off was worthy of a blog.

FOOD 8 SERVICE 7 VALUE 7 REFER 7 TOTAL: 28 GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment