Let the quest begin!

The purpose of this blog isn't simply to post a list of negative threads. It's more an effort in highlighting the very best places to eat, drink and be merry. All experiences are my own, or with my family. There is no connection between myself or any of the establishments other than as a paying punter. If you take exception to any post, please feel free to offer your own comments. This is meant to be a fair an honest opinion of where we've eaten.

Monday 20 February 2012

Royal Fisheries in Whitby



During half term, we decided on a trip to Whitby. Such a visit always requires a stop off for lunch at the Royal Fisheries. It’s not often I blog about the same establishment twice, in fact this may well be a first! However, the food (fish and chips) is of such a very high standard, I feel it worthy of a second mention.

Royal Fisheries have grown since our last visit, with a much larger dining area now situated alongside the smaller restaurant. Word must be spreading as they were almost full, We did however secure a table and my wife and I opted for the lunch time special of, tea, bread and butter, haddock and chips and yes-mushy peas! The children chose the same but from the children’s menu and I have to say the child portions were very generous.

The service and value for money makes the Royal Fisheries a family favourite. If you prefer, you can always pay more for the same dish elsewhere in town but I strongly recommend you first give this tucked away chippie a run for your money and use the savings for an ice cream on the pier.

Well worth a second visit.

This post was brought to you by the original 'good food quest'

FOOD 9 SERVICE 9 VALUE 9 REFER 10 Total: 37 SUPERB

No comments:

Post a Comment